Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2009, 06:36 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Sherry, Not long enough,

Hi Sherry,

Not long enough, indeed, especially with plenty of the green tea left. Though it was certainly a pleasure to meet you and the family after so many internet years.

I wish the river could have been in one of its blue, sparkling periods rather than swollen and muddy. Did I mention that early journals say that it had white sand beaches and a pin dropped into 12-15 feet of water was clearly visible among the pebbles on the bottom?

Tell the guys that there are, indeed, bass in Sunfish, and the other creeks the dam at Hannibal has made into shallow lakes. Once or twice a year, too early in the morning and late in the afternoon, the air sounds full of huge mosquitoes when the bass tournaments are held. Their favorite venues seem to be those one-time creeks, where they move with their electric motors from one underwater structure (some of which may be some of the "broken timbers" Washington also talked about) to another.

I solved the megabyte limit problem I talked about. The Camping and Marching section, will be followed by a Marching and Camping section, which will allow me to "Marching on to Richmond," a rather sprightly march with ominous words, Ned's dream, from which one can infer the shaky mental state he's in, and conclude with "Tenting Tonight," which is so full of pathos that I have decided that a scherzo is almost needed somewhere. It is interesting how many good humored songs, like "There was an Old Soldier" and "Goober Peas", came from the era, especially considering the somber and tragic tone of most of them.

Next time, plan to say a bit longer. Say hi to Bill and the kids.

all best,
marv