Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Active User

Default Problem detecting Recording device

Hello -
I'm currently evaluating the trial version of Composer. I'm very pleased with the capabilities I've seen so far, however have been having difficulty attaching my keyboard. I'm running Windows XP and when I initially attached the keyboard, the midi device drivers automatically loaded; in the windows configurations (sounds and devices, drivers, etc) all indicate loaded and running withi no problems. When I run the Quick MIDI Setup in Composer the "Select Playback Device" functions OK yet the "Detect Recording Device" does populate with my device. I have tried the help screens ("What to do if recording device does not work", "Adding a new MIDI keyboard to your configuration", and several other help screens) and even attempting to manually configure yet I can never get the software to recognize my attached midi device. At this point I'm truly at a loss for what to attemt next. I truly liked the trial version of Composer - to this point - but am ver heistant to purchase the 'real' version if I continue to be able to connect it to my pc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS!
John