Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2006, 10:32 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default This is literally an afterthou

This is literally an afterthought. It started out some 20 years ago as a piece that was played during a church service, with both the piano and flute (it was originally for flute and piano) parts sketched out, the piano much more than the flute because I intended to improvise quite a bit. However, my flute was in its final days and I had to stick pretty much in the second and lower third octaves, and consequently, I didn't do a lot of the kinds of things I might have liked. So I sketched out some of those things, both for flute and piano, within a few days.

I got back to it in 2003 and did a version for violin and piano. That, with recently added annotations and the performance fiddled with, is the present version, which I got started on a few days ago when I happened to notice it in a directory where I put it thinking I'd be sure to remember to get back to it a few days later--in 2003. The piano is the GM acoustic grand (though I like the bright, too) and the violin the solo instrument in the Chaos bank (except that this is the GM version, so you'll probably get preset #40, or #41 in Composer).

There are some strange things in note attacks and durations (some extended by a 16th, etc.) This was done to give the idea of improvisation, especially as a signal to performers that they need not try for exactness; rather try to feel the music together, instead of counting time. If it doesn't work, the score can be easily enough normalized.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>amazing
Amazing Grace Arr. Violin Version 1.1 MIDI.not (249.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>