Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > News and notes > Announcements

Announcements News from the Notation Software team

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hi David, I like the MidiNo

Hi David,

I like the MidiNotate Player also. After having worked for so long raising its big siblings, it's fun to have a sweet little newborn in the family. And this one will stay sweet and small.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

A question: is the Player limited to displaying only 8 staves? When I load some of the orchestration files from The Holly Tree into Player, I can only get 8 staves on screen, even with "Hide Empty Staves" switched off.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>That's a bug that has random behavior. Different tracks will be missing at different times. That bug is fixed for the next1.0.9.5 release of Player.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Also, I don't think that Player is importing the page setup information from the .not file, or, at least, the page size information. My orchestration files for The Holly Tree are set up for 8.5 X 14 (legal) page size, but when they are loaded into Player, the page size comes up as 8.5 X 11.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>I have confirmed and now fixed that bug. That bug also revealed a related bug that has been present in Composer and Musician: If you open a .NOT file and use the Page Setup dialog box, then unless you have first switched to Page View, the Page Setup dialog box misreports the paper size and probably some other information also. You can work around that problem now by switching to Page View before using Page Setup.

Thanks for reporting these problems with Player. I really appreciate it.

Cheers
-- Mark