Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default In memoriam: Djim Tio

Hello friends,

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes.

A farewell is necessary

before you can meet again.

And meeting again,

after moments or lifetimes,

is certain for those who are friends."
(from Gerda Tio, wife of Djim Tio)

It is with a sad and heavy heart that I inform you of the passing September 13, 2011 of one of our dear musician friends Djim Tio. The picture above was taken not long before he passed away. The following is from a letter from his wife Gerda to another forum friend, M.G. Jacobs:
Dear mr Jacobs,

Maybe you know already, Djim deceased september 13th. (attached the card of deceas and a photo taken ten days before decease)

It is a hard time, I know you go through with your wife some years ago. Often Djim was talking of you and I am thankfull you and Djim had such a nice e-mail contact. In summer this year he said to me; lets go traveling now and visit mr Jacobs. On that moment his health was already weak, so it stays as a dream for him.

Love greetings, also to other members, Djim enjoyed the time of company the group.

Gerda Tio
M.G. and Djim are but one example of the literally around-the-world friendships that have been forged by members of this forum, and I think we are all the better for such relationships.

Djim was a fellow bass player, as well as a retired doctor, and you can see his kind and gentle spirit sprinkled throughout this forum in his posts.

Play a song today, preferably one with a goodish bit of bass, and remember our friend Djim, a humble, kind musician, doctor, and friend.

Grace to us all,
Sherry