Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2006, 12:56 PM
John Smith (johnsmi)

Default This is really a GPO problems

This is really a GPO problems I think but has some bearing on MNC music contributions sent in by composers to this forum.

I downloaded a MNC composition the other night intending to hear it play on GPO at the local college (where they have GPO). However it proved impossible to load the GPO orchestral sounds as GPO insisted on searching the entire disc drive (starting at C for the sound patches! Needless to say this would take hours to load. There seemed no way to tell GPO where the sound lib was! User created GPO templates work just fine. I wonder therefore if

a) This is a known problem (can't find anything on GPO forum)
and someone hear knows a workaround

b) Users sending in MNC composition could include the GPO template in their posts? (As I'd really like to hear their work).
Thanks
-John

ps I was thinking of buying GPO V2 and would like to use it with MNC but if this problem exists in V2 as well, it means I would be unable to use any GPO distributed templates :-( The thought of creating them all from the beginning does not appeal as I don't have the time.

Anyone using V2 and can tell me please?

pps I would ask on the GPO support but that seems only for registered users.