Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Active User

Default Re: help with Alesis QX61 keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj View Post
Hi, Jeremy:

I don't know the Alesis keyboard, but I have a similar problem with a Zoom digital multi-track recorder that uses USB.

It seems that Win 7 64-bit doesn't recognize devices with early USB ports (Version 1.0-ish?). I've not been able to find a fix for it.

My workaround has been to have a Win XP computer available to connect to and to take the files from the Zoom to Win XP then over to the Win 7 computer via Flashdrive.

A possible workaround for you might be an external MIDI interface connected to the Win 7 computer, provided that the Alesis has 5-pin DIN MIDI jacks available. $25 on an interface and $15 on cables, perhaps.

Hope that helps.

David
Not sure if this information will help you but perhaps others. First, Most devices that I've worked with (Yamaha, Roland) require their own drivers to be installed. If you haven't installed the supplied drivers try to do so.
Second, if you have installed the drivers they may not work, but not for the reasons that you might think. Some drivers that aren't signed will no longer work in Windows 7 without jumping through a few hoops. The following link discusses how to load the drivers.

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/loading-u...ta-64-bit-x64/