Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Active User

Default displayed notes don't match pitch of palyed sound

I'm having trouble with midis that I download and then transpose. The notes in the transposed and printed score don't match with pitch that plays when I use the play back button or create a new midi after altering some of the notes. I've attached an example. The midi is the original midi file and it sounds fine. I transposed the melody to Bb Tenor sax in the attached .not file. If you click on the melody, one note at a time, it sounds fine, but if you use the playback feature or create a new midi the notes do not match the sound. Wierd results in fact. Sometimes notes play where there are no notes on the score at all. A similar problem I'm having is when I change a tied note for some reason the last note of the tie has a purple line in it and is at a different pitch. Totally seperate question: When I create a new staff the notes show as little x's and triangles. How do I make them into notes?
Attached Files
File Type: mid Runaway.mid (37.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: not Runaway-1.not (353.0 KB, 3 views)