Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Active User

Default Re: New music piece

Tks David... Now about your post. Essentially the first 16 bars are the first 16 bars of staff 6 in the main piece after that, in reverse. I just took those as performed; added the convolution, reversal, and amplify; then put it back in. I am sending a picture for the Cool Edit Session I edited for picture purposes. (I made it look like the .not file to some degree for easy reading and stuff.)
Now here are the individual tracks as needed, to talk about them:

1: This track is as noted up top. Just taking the first 16 bars of staff 6, main part; adding effects and vocals, then reversing it.

2: These are staffs 1, 2, 3 and 4 all mixed down; staffs 1 and 2 having that echoing effect. Staffs 1 and 2 are one instrument; and staffs 3 and 4 are another and cannot be echoed. I have a dual button that lets me play them together, while editing their volume; pitch; octave; ect. separately.

3. Staff 5 is the same instrument as staff 6; but without the convolution.

4. Staff 6 is the same instrument as staff 5; but it has all the cool effects as the first 16 measures within the whole piece.

Your edited .not version is nice; and I thank you. Now all i need to do is add the notes; using the sound velocity tab to make them sound like an echo, while remembering that I used a 1/6 echo.

These are first 5 echo types, 1/4; 1/6; 1/8; 1/12; 1/16

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen. I greatly appreciate it.

-James

P.S. I should also mention that all staves have the sustain pedal down all the way through the whole of the song; Thus allowing the echo to run together a little. (I do that a lot to my pieces; specially strings.)
Attached Images
File Type: png Cool Edit session screen shot.png (131.2 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by lavajunkie; 09-05-2015 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added info