Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Page layout lost after saving a notation

Hello Jaap,

I've opened a helpdesk ticket AGR-743973, and sent it to you with a "clean" version of your 'Als sterren aan de hemel staan' file.

So other users have problem with this layout bug, who might gain some insight into what the problem is and what the status of the fix is, here is the message I included in your helpdesk ticket:

----

I'm making some progress on this layout bug. Please find the attached file Als sterren aan de hemel staan CLEANED.not which is your file with all of the layout data in all of the parts removed. I found that I'm then able to add system breaks that are preserved upon file save and then reopen.

I'd appreciate your adding some layout changes back into this file and see if the problem arises again. If the problem doesn't arise again, then it will help me to know the history of this file: when did you first create it and start adding layout changes? If you originally created the 'Als sterren aan de hemel staan' file before late Aug, 2008 (yes, more than two years ago), then there may have been a file corruption after that date.

Sorry this bug has taken so long to fix. I spent about 8 hours on it this last week getting nowhere, until I finally started exploring today whether maybe it was just this file that has problems. I did try using the Default Layout (Def button) for the Alto Sax part, but that didn't help. I had to use some temporary version of Composer to totally remove all of the layout changes in all of the parts, hence the word "CLEAN" in the file name. This suggests that maybe the bug has something to do with conflicts of layout changes between different parts.

If the problem is isolated to corruption of some .not files, and if the problem doesn't show up again for new files or CLEANed files, then I'll add some

Cheers
-- Mark