Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default I don't know if this is th

I don't know if this is the correct location to place this piece. It is so out of character for me, I have no idea where it belongs. I's been many, many years since I have done anything of a serious nature.
It was composed completely on the fly in less than 5 minutes. I had no intention of writing anything, no motif, no melody in mind haunting me, I just pushed the red button and started playing how I felt. It is one of the very few things I have done that I actually like. Not because of what it is, there are a lot of really good musicians on this forum that will probably wonder what it is that I like. It is because it surprised me so much. For the past 3 months my fingers have been on the keyboard at least 10-12 hours every day, sometimes longer. I have not played for an audience in over 25 years, and I was not kidding when I said I keep my windows closed. Many years ago I had the right to "walk with a swagger", but since I had to stop playing the saxophone no one has heard a note out of me. I studied piano for 6 years with probably the best jazz pianist in Baltimore, but all I learned was theory. I was never happy with my playing. Friends and family have told me I play well, but I knew better. I believe my playing has improved more over the last few months than in the last 10 years. This piece and maybe the last 3 compositions have given me a feeling of confidence I never had before. I owe it all to Composer!!!!! Thank you so much, Mark! Without it, I would be stuck in the same rut I have been in for a long time.
I would welcome any criticism. What do I need to work on? What would make it better or more interesting? I could use a few tips. Thank you.
Fred Winterling

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Solitude (for lack of a better word)
Solitude.not (108.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>