Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > News and notes > Announcements

Announcements News from the Notation Software team

Old 09-08-2005, 02:11 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello MidiNotate Composer and

Hello MidiNotate Composer and Musician Users,

Maintenance Release Version 1.1.4 of MidiNotate Composer and MidiNotate Musician has been released. If you are using version 1.1.2 or 1.1.3, you can update to version 1.1.4 quickly using a patch. For instructions, please visit www.notation.com/ComposerUpdate.htm or www.notation.com/MusicianUpdate.htm.

The fixes and improvements in version 1.1.4 are:
  • Easy Notes. The letters (C, D, E, etc.) were not displayed in the noteheads.
  • General User Interface. When you hit the Next Page or Prev Page key, Composer correctly kept the "staff focus" if a note or other music object was selected in a staff. That is, Composer turns to the next or previous page, and keeps the staff scrolled to the same vertical position in the window. Composer now also keeps the staff focus if a region is selected, such as with CTRL+Drag, and as is indicated with a gray background.
  • Dynamic Marks. The dynamic mark text names "cresc." and "dim." were incorrectly displayed using the Harmony music font symbols rather than in text.
  • Drum Symbols. Special drum symbols, such as for rim shots and brushes, were missing in the installed Harmony music font.
  • Playback. (1) If a pair of notes in upper and lower voice shared the same pitch at the same location, then during playback the note was not turned off; that is, it became a stuck note. (2) If the muting of a staff was changed during playback, then pan and channel volume level of all of the staves were incorrectly reset to default values.
  • Staff Editing. The "qds" shortcut for "quick delete staff" was missing.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 09-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi Mark, I wish to download t

Hi Mark,
I wish to download the new Composer 1.1.4 but have a couple of questions. Let me appologize first for not downloading any of the beta versions. You remember the tough time I had early on with the configuration and steps I had to go through to record. I was just happy to have everything working perfectly and did not want to take any chances.
Will my config file be the same that I am now using with Composer 1.09? or will I have to do it all over again? If so, should I move it to a different directory before installing 1.1.4? Also, should I save my "songs" folder to another directory or rename the file? Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Fred

Old 09-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Fred, The best proced

Hello Fred,

The best procedure is this:
  1. Back up your \Program Files\MidiNotate\Songs directory in a duplicate directory, just for extra safety, even though the setup program doesn't delete the Songs directory or any files in it except the example songs files (Minuet.mid, RhapsodyInBlue.not, etc.)
  2. Uninstall Composer 1.0.9. This step also isn't necessary. You should be able to install Composer 1.1.x on top of it. But uninstalling Composer 1.0.9 first will minimize possible problems.
  3. IMPORTANT: Do _not_ also manually delete the \Program Files\MidiNotate directory or \Program Files\MidiNotate\Composer directory. Otherwise, you'll lose the MidiDev.cfg file (MIDI Device Configuration information) that is reused by the newly installed version of Composer. Also, never just delete a program directory as an alternative to using the uninstall program; this advice applies to any Windows program.
  4. Re-download your purchase copy Composer, following the instructions at www.notation.com/redownload.htm. The newly downloaded copy will be the latest version (currently 1.1.4) of Composer.
  5. Install the latest version of Composer in whatever directory you want, which by default is the same default directory as version 1.0.9 used: \Program Files\MidiNotate. In the setup program, you specify the parent directory \Program Files\MidiNotate rather than the sub-directory \Program Files\MidiNotate\Composer where composer.exe is stored. Other MidiNotate products may share the same parent directory \Program Files\MidiNotate.
Cheers
-- Mark
Old 09-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Thanks Mark! Working perfec

Thanks Mark!

Working perfectly! I was a little scared at first, but then realized I had to re-start the computer. Looking forward to working with it!

Fred