Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2009, 05:06 AM
blackstream

Default I can't get GPO 4 working with Composer

Any help would be appreciated.

I cannot get GPO 4 to work with Composer. I tried the tutorial at http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/Mid...POTutorial.htm but this seems to be for an old version of GPO, as I cannot open a .gpo file with the Aria Player only .aria files.

When working thru this issue, I've opened the GPO aria player with a loaded .aria file before opening Composer, when I do, I can't hear any sounds when I place notes on the staff (even with Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth selcted). Also, I do not see a list of GPO instruments in the 'Select Midi Playback Device' under 'Setup -> Quick Midi Device Setup'

When I open Composer only, I can hear the notes I play on the staff (with Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth)

Do I need to use vsthost and a virtual midi cable to get these two apps working together as stated on your website FAQ page OR is there a way to do it without installing any additional software as stated in the garritan tutorial?

If vsthost and a virtual midi cable is the way to go, does the Standalone Aria Player take the place of vsthost?

Thanks in advance,
Frances