Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Clyde (clyde)

Default Hi Mark, I am beginning to

Hi Mark,
I am beginning to work on some piano pieces for my web site, and started to play a midi file that has sustain PED expressions marked, and in fact I can see them in Composer:

The GPO I have just loaded the standard piano sounds:

However the result is that there is no Sustain Pedal at all in the piece, and so it sounds rather awful.

In contrast, if I play it throught the standard midi on my sound card, it has the PED expressions in the output.

Obviously the problem is not Composer - is there some different way that GPO needs to be driven when using the standard Piano sounds in order to get the PED to sustain the notes.

I read your PDF manual (on GPO Tutorial) and it says that GPO uses the sustain for the piano and legato for other instruments. But it doesn't appear to do that.

The midi file I'm using is attached:

<center><table border=1><tr><td>midi
Midi-It_well_with_my_soul-GMH.mid (16.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Cheers ... Clyde

Cheers ... Clyde