Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music > "Learning and Teaching" pieces
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

"Learning and Teaching" pieces Arrangements for helping aspiring musicians learn to play from sheet music.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Active User

Default Re: Somewhere Duet

Thanks Walt

Your file plays as I would expect pitch-wise and is lovely.

However, I would have expected the soprano line (your alto I) to have been written on the score an octave lower with the treble clef showing an octave up (the little 8 at the top of the clef). This avoids all the upper ledger lines and would mean that the first note for the soprano recorder would be written as a middle C although it would sound an octave up.

I took your file and clicked on the Alto I treble clef at the beginning and went through the options that came up. I picked the one with the little 8 at the top and it corrected the score without altering the pitches … so problem solved!

The Alto II line is correctly shown and plays correctly for the treble/alto recorder.

I re-attach your score J

Many thanks, Jane
Attached Files
File Type: not Somewhere Duet for Jane - retransp.not (36.2 KB, 2 views)