Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products Learn (and share) tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Notation Software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2013, 01:54 AM
Active User

Question Re: Modify the rhythm of two beamed quavers

Thanks for your quick reply Dave,

My description was more a "for instance" than actual . .

I had in fact a dotted quaver and a semi (or the other way round) and I simply wanted to reverse the rhythm.

I managed eventually to get it the way I wanted it, using your commands - but am not clear in my mind how I did it

It seems to me that the way <Composer> works, is that it requires preparatory steps to be actioned BEFORE you make your changes.

The fact that the whole "Part" acts as a closed system which reacts to every action can distract you from your purpose - as you see things occurring that you DID NOT want - though they might be "in passing" - as it were . .they are still somewhat alarming . . . .

Is there a description anywhere in simple language which explains the MO of the program with respect to these "preamble steps" which are required to perform an action?

Such as - "before you can do this - you need to make room by . . . . . " for instance?

I am finding it very confusing at the moment.

Things have progressed - but painfully slowly . . . .

Best Regards

Lord Elpus