Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music > "Learning and Teaching" pieces

"Learning and Teaching" pieces Arrangements for helping aspiring musicians learn to play from sheet music.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2017, 12:34 AM

Default Christmas/Holiday Duets - Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

"Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow" was written in July of 1945 (a lot of wintery songs are written in Summer - must be the heat!) by Jule Styne and Sammy Cahn.

Some of you may think it is too early for a holiday song, but Sherry advised me that our players need time to practice for holiday presentation before the holidays get here.

This arrangement is notated as Pop Swing. I have modified the duration and attack on the eighth notes to give a little more relaxed feeling, like the pop singers do.

There is a minor cosmetic problem in measure 38 - the Cut Time time signature is displayed in both parts. If you print the score as we do, before you print, go into Page Mode; double-click either of the time symbols in measure 38; select the Hide button; click OK; print. The time symbol will be temporarily hidden.

As in many of my recent pieces, you can use Composer commands to display the lyrics (qsl) or the chords (qscn).

Happy Holidays!

Ralph Rayner
Attached Files
File Type: not Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow Duet.not (42.0 KB, 1 views)