Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > News and notes > Announcements

Announcements News from the Notation Software team

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2005, 12:01 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default This third beta release (v

This third beta release (version 1.0.9.6) of MidiNotate Player is fairly well polished, probably ready to be released in not many days. You can download the MidiNotate Player setup program here:

www.notation.com/MidiNotatePlayerSetup.exe

No patch is available for upgrading from previous versions of MidiNotate Player.

The free MidiNotate Player software will service two primary purposes:
(1) Transcribe MIDI files to sheet music that can be viewed on the screen as the notes play, or printed.
(2) View, print, and play NoteSoft .not files saved by MidiNotate Musician, Composer, or Composer Pro.

The only remaining known development task is to add an option that lets the MidiNotate Player reassign the tracks of a .not file to multiple devices on his system. David J pointed out that some of his .not files use more than one device, because there are more than 16 tracks/channels. I haven't yet decided on a user interface design that will support this option and yet which will be simple to use.

The Users Guide is done, and has been reviewed once for typos. The User Guide will have a second careful review pass.

PLEASE NOTE: Files saved by MidiNotate Player cannot be read by currently available versions of MidiNotate Musician, Composer, and Composer Pro. Therefore, do not open a .not file and resave it with the same name. This problem will be fixed with the version 1.1 release of MidiNotate Musician, Composer, and Composer Pro.

Please let me know if you spot any problems in MidiNotate Player. I'm planning on releasing it soon.

Cheers
-- Mark