Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music > "Learning and Teaching" pieces

"Learning and Teaching" pieces Arrangements for helping aspiring musicians learn to play from sheet music.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2011, 05:09 PM

Default Fa Subito (It Had Better Be Tonight) Duet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR
This piece is written for Soprano Recorder and Alto Recorder. Some of the pieces in this series are in keys that you might not see a lot in learning pieces. This was intentional to keep the Soprano part in the lower register. Play along with Notation Composer or print the piece for playing with your friend(s). Please feel free to change the instruments and/or keys to suit your personal needs. RRR
Fa Subito, subtitled It Had Better Be Tonight, was written in 1963 by Henry Mancini for the movie, Pink Panther. I had arranged a full orchestra version for the USAF Band back in the '60s, and we play the recording of it every now and then. My wife Cynthia asked me many months ago for a duet version of it -- so, finally, here it is. I don't expect the song to be familiar to a lot of younger musicians, but it is fun to play. I did not include a drum part, but it is a samba, if you'd care to add rhythm to it. I hope you enjoy playing it.

Ralph Rayner
Attached Files
File Type: not Fa Subito.not (33.0 KB, 4 views)