Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Dr Peter Kalve (dr_peter_kalve)

Default This is a piece I wrote recent

This is a piece I wrote recently which will be performed on Jan 28th at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre (the oldest standing church in Northampton, UK, dating back to the early 12th century).

I haven't really mastered the volume control functions as will become obvious when you hear the piece, so you may need to adjust the volume a bit throughout.

For those scared that this will be another piece of serial music, you can relax in the knowledge that it is written in a pastoral modal style. I've attached both a midi file and the score - if you can look at the score that would help with the words!

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
Nunc Candlemas Final Version.mid (5.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
Nunc Candlemas Final Version.not (53.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Old 01-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Peter, I've liste

Howdy Peter,

I've listened to this with my eyes closed, playing on my surround-sound system, and I can just imagine this being performed with a "great organ" and live choir. I wish I were going to be in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre on the 28th!

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 01-20-2007, 12:57 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default p.s. I also listened to it

p.s.

I also listened to it with my eyes open, to see the lyrics, which you can also see in both the .mid and the .not files

ttfn,
Sherry, who really enjoys good choral works
Old 11-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Peter, In the interes

Howdy Peter,

In the interest of not being preferential of one of your choral works over another (because I've really enjoyed them all if in different ways), I'll also mention here about ChoralWiki. It's located at http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page and is for use as a repository of public domain choral music, whether it be original or arrangements of other public domain works. I do think you should submit some of your works there. (I tried searching for you, but you didn't come up, and thus I presume you are currently unlisted.)

ttfn,
Sherry