Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Clyde (clyde)

Default Hi Mark, It is a wonderful

Hi Mark,
It is a wonderful piece of software. Perhaps I ought to mention that it not only caters for classical Pipe Organs, but also there is a theatre organ section, and even a harpsicord. (I have not tried these - but there are MP3 sample files on the site)

In regard controlling organ stops, couplers and tremulant stops, these are as you say a separate track for each keyboard (and for pedals). The default setup (as it comes out of the box) actually spreads all these over two staves for each manual, simply because it caters for massively large organs (see http://www.crumhorn-labs.com/Hauptwe...eenshots.shtml which shows the 4 manual, 51 speaking stop Litomysl cathedral organ (in Czech Republic, Europe)). A full list of the organs available is at http://www.crumhorn-labs.com/Hauptwerk-SampleSets.shtml

However, in my case where the Birmingham St. Anne's, Moseley organ is sufficient, I can easily have all the stops and couplers represented on one stave for each manual, and so I have reconfigured the setup. (which is very easy to do).

I have actually prepared a document on how it is setup under Composer - a bit like the notes you did for the Garritan GPO. I did this for my own documentation so I would have an easy reference on how everything is configured. I'm happy to share that with you on the forum, but it is specific to how I have done things. I would be happy to do a more general one for your users. Perhaps I need to wait a month or so before I do that, until I have had more experience with the product, but in the meanwhile, I'm happy to share what I have learnt with others.

Cheers ... Clyde