View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Clyde, The Edit / Pas

Hello Clyde,

The Edit / Paste Special / Insert New Measures from Clipboard bug you reported is now fixed for the upcoming 2.5.1 maintenance release. Thanks for reporting it!

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

When I run 2.5 it does disastrous things to my O/S, which involves a lot of messing around to fix (reload 2.2, reconfigure midi setup etc) <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>It's difficult for me to interpret the scope of "when I run 2.5 it does disastrous things to my O/S." Did that happen just for this Edit / Paste Special / Insert New Measures from Clipboard bug? Or were there other cases?

Notation Composer has some robust internal safeguards against "disastrous things" happening. Composer indeed does have internal bugs, like any complex software, but it catches such accidents on the highway and immediately moves the damage off the highway before there is a chain reaction, pile up, of cars crashes behind it. I wonder whether Composer's safeguard mechanism does not work under the Mac/Apple Parallels that you, but very few other Notation Composer uses. Please Note: Notation Software does not claim to support the running of its product on Mac/Apple Parallels. I do not even have a Mac machine here, so absolutely no testing of Notation products is done on the Mac / Parallels.

Do you have an old PC lying around with Windows 98 or later on it? If so, you might want to try out Notation Composer version 2.5 on it, to see whether it works better than Notation Composer on your Mac.

You and a few other rare users that use Notation Composer on the Mac might force me to invest a lot of time testing Notation Composer on the Mac / Parallels. But I'm afraid that will be a poor way to spend my development time.

Cheers
-- Mark