View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Clyde, Thanks for the

Hello Clyde,

Thanks for the carefully prepared sets of steps for reproducing the paste problem with JosephDearesr-Laudibus-PipeLC-CAM.not in Composer 2.5.

When I opened that Notation .not file in a debugging version of Composer 2.5, I observed a problem with file compatibility, which might be consistent with my previously stated theory about file incompatibility between version 2.2 and later versions. As you suspect, perhaps the paste command is also involved.

In order to investigate this further, it would help a lot if you you send me: (1) your originally recorded MIDI file, and (2) the version 2.2 template file that you used.

I think the problem might be with the version 2.2 template file. I can investigate that here. However, if you feel like doing so, you might try the same steps that you reported above, except don't use any template file or any Notation .not file that passed through version 2.2. More specifically, just use a new 2.5 template file, for testing purposes, even though it isn't the template you really want. This will help me isolate whether the problem is with (1) file incompatibility and/or (2) pasting.

Thanks!

Cheers
-- Mark