View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 06:25 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Mark, I did a system res

Hi Mark,

I did a system restore to about 24 hours ago and after again downloading the 2.02 to 2.03 patch and installing it, got the same results, namely that the program encountered a problem and crashed when I hit the space bar or clicked the icon to play. And of course all the added banks and patch names were gone.

So I went back to 2.02. . . I hope. I renamed composer.exe to composer.bac, then renamed composer.easypatch.bak to composer.exe. Help/About now showed 2.02, but the patch names were still missing. So I renamed Mididev.cfg to Mididev.bac and copied in the backup I had made of the Mididev.cfg that was working with 2.02 (about 67KB). Now everything seems to work as it did last night.

It does NOT work to simply use the 67KB Mididev.cfg with the 2.03 Composer.exe. A problem is encountered and Composer must close...

The remaining question is: how do I go about getting 2.03 installed AND retain all the added banks and patch names? Or am I just going to have to bite the bullet and do all that typing again?

best,
mgj