View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Gary Shannon (fiziwig)

Default Sherry: Thanks for that idea.

Sherry: Thanks for that idea. I'll try it out.

Mark: I tried the following:

Loaded existing song. Assign all MIDI outputs to external midi device. Before ANY attempt to playback, I tried to edit a mod wheel curve and it crashed and rebooted XP.

Loaded existing song. Assign all MIDI outputs to soundcard synth, did NOT try playback. Tried to edit mod wheel curve and it crashed and rebooted XP.

Loaded existing song. Assign all midi outputs to GPO, did NOT try playback. Tried to edit mod wheel curve and it crashed and rebooted XP.

Assigned midi to GPO, loaded existing song and played. Played about three pages then crashed and rebooted XP.

Opened Notation and clicked "Create New Song". Started new song, set to blank (One unknown instrument) and clicked "Next". Notation froze. Task manager showed "Not Responding". Got message "VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands." Then rebooted XP.

All other Midi aps work fine, including: Cakewalk Pro Audio, Reaper, Noteworthy Composer, WinAmp.

All other video and audio aps work fine including games, DVD players, CD players, etc.

Hope that helps.

--gary shannon