View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy guys, David J., than

Howdy guys,

David J., thanks so much for taking a look at this and for your fine analysis. (slaps forehead) I didn't even pay attention to the Master Track set up - I was so busy looking at the rest of the MIDI config and the bank setup because that's where I've seen similar problems before. I'll just stick that bit of info in my hip pocket for future reference.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Unfortunately, I think that Composer is interpreting no voice information as Voice 000 or Grand Piano and, because the Master Track is Track #1, the lower tracks supercede the voicing information in the Master Track.

So, the Master Track sends the voice information, then each succeeding track is reset to Grand Piano because it has no specific setting and Composer defaults. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

This sounds like the explanation. I'll confirm that with Mark. I do know that if there is an incorrect bank/patch info, that the voice will default to the GMbank/patch voice. In this case it makes sense that since there is no voice info, it would default to 000 piano.

I had noticed (and mentioned) that some of the drum tracks were on channel 11, but wasn't sure if that wasn't some "Yamaha" thing. Thanks for clarifying that point.

And batteries! Tech Support is always supposed to ask if it's plugged in first, aren't I? ;)

Thanks again David - let's see how this washes for Lawrence.

ttfn,
Sherry