View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 09:45 AM
Clyde (clyde)

Default Hi Mark, I noticed the foru

Hi Mark,
I noticed the forum comments about the 'bug' list and your possible intention to move your 'in-house bug and database' to one that is publically accessible.

I feel that because you now have a released version of Composer that bug fixing in new 'beta' versions needs to be handled differently.

I really feel embarrassed about reporting bugs. I don't know if its my programmer background, but I find it disturbing that you want us to report every bug in such a public way. While it shows your amazing ability to handle these negative comments about your 'baby', I find it difficult to say the things I would like to say in the forum.

What I would prefer is:

(a) Yes have a public forum where people can report their problem and bugs. Yes make that public to some extent if you want.

(b) In the process of fixing bugs there needs to be, in my view, a team of people willing to help that will throughly test the enhancements and fixes. (like what happened prior to the relase of version 1).

(c) A separate forum for the 'testers' and this forum is not public, but just to those who are serious about testing pre-releases. We found that with the intial testing prior to version 1 that the small testing community understood each other and bounced ideas of each other, and also complemented each other in the testing. I feel that is missing, and unfortunately, as much as it hurts me to say it, I think product is suffering because of this lack.

I know in the past you have rejected my suggestion on this, and that is your call, but really, I feel much more can be accomplished with a handful of serious testers who use their own forum to fankly talk about the issues without the eyes of the public seeing everything that is done and said.

I would be happy to be part of such a team, as I have in the past. But I'm far from happy about about doing this in a public forum, and indeed I have reported very few issues of late, not because there are not issues, but I don't like to do it through this public forum.

cheers Clyde