View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Reg Burgess (regb)

Default Thanks Herbert, I appreciate

Thanks Herbert,
I appreciate and respect your point of view and opinion on this.
I agree, Mark is very responsive - surprisingly so as developers go (-:

Your list is interesting and will probably save me some time if/when I stumble across similar symptoms. This brings me back to the essence of my suggestion/request. Your list, my list, the lists of others, etc., can probably all be found SOMEWHERE on the forum. The FINDING of them is what I am suggesting could be made faster/easier. The knowledge of bugs(problems) certainly isn't hidden, anyone with malicious intent can already find them, count them and put de_flame_atory (sp ?) comments on bulletin boards elsewhere. Mark's openness on this may already pre-empt such action.

I expect they are combined in a database, with redundancies removed, perhaps with cross references, probably with planned resolution and a few other attributes.
It might just be a simple spreadsheet. Making SOME of the columns available to the general public, a few more to beta testers, and still more to those who sign a non-disclosure agreement, would make what we are trying to do a bit easier. It might not be a huge task, without knowing what Mark already has I'm in no position to "size" it as a project.

The semantics aren't important - to ME.
I have spent far too many hours debating the proper use of words such as Problem, Bug, Issue, Complaint, Incident, Fault, Error, Failure, etc - all in order to not offend customers, OEMs, suppliers, service/support folk, developers... Mark seems to accept "Bug", "Possible Bug", "Potential Bug" - from ME anyway (-:

Well, I guess I'm rambling.
I'm willing to devote some time and effort to this and I would certainly sign a NDA