View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Fred, It's possib

Hello Fred,

It's possible that Composer is confused about whether the Ctrl key is down. I've observed this sometimes, but guessed that the problem was due to the unusual circumstances of my using Composer while it is under the control of a debugging tool, and/or that I use KVM (keyboard/video/mouse) switch box to share the same keyboard and mouse across multiple computers. If the Ctrl key gets stuck in Composer on a normal system like yours, then I'm more concerned that this is somehow a bug in Composer, although it might still be a bug outside of Composer's control, such as in the keyboard driver itself.

If you see have this problem again, that Ctrl+Right/LeftArrow doesn't change the duration of the note, then try this: Type Ctrl+O to see if the File Open dialog box comes up. If it doesn't, then we've pinned down the problem to the Ctrl key. At that point, go to another Windows program and try Ctrl+O there for the File Open command in that program. If Ctrl+O doesn't work there either, then the blame is probably on your keyboard driver or some Windows system-wide problem. On the other hand, if Ctrl+O works in another program, but not in Composer, then the problem is in Composer, that it somehow isn't interpreting the Ctrl key. If this problem with Ctrl+Right/Left comes up again, and if you get this far in the investigation, please let me know what you find.

Cheers
-- Mark