Thread: Tango
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 03:58 AM
Derek Sanders (derek_sanders)

Default Hello Again to everyone, I can

Hello Again to everyone, I can now address the other comments I had on the Tango,to MGJ32 I must say keep going and do try to write for the accordion, I'd love to hear your work and play it too, I too have heard the mp3 and it sounded great, I'd love to hear what you did with it too.And now Lee, you certainly had a great go at it, I can well imagine how it sounds with a marimba, lovely, I shall soon be posting a piece which lends itself to that instrument. You mention GM sounds, I'm afraid this dummy doesn't know what that means.I'd love to hear that marimba!.Fred, you and I have things in common, I too started on clarinet in 1947,I had just transferred from being a gunner/op in a tank to the Regimental band which had just reformed after the war.In 1950 I spent a year at the Royal Military School of Music Kneller Hall London.When I left the army in 1957 I didn't touch the clarinet for many years so I am afraid my skills on that instrument are greatly diminished, however, my Brother who was with me in the band still is a terrific clarinettist and one of his students plays in a Symphony orchestra and visits him from time to time and they play duets, he says he has a heck of a time keeping up with her. I recently did a duet for them on the "Clarinet Polka", as you know there are umpteen arrangements of that piece out there but he couldn't find a duet of it that was up to much so I did one for him. I also composed a duet for him and also composed a new Polka for him which he is working on now, we just about have it all refined now and I have just sent him what I hope will be the final score. And now Alek, it's nice to belong to a club which is exclusive for accordions. I am a founder member of the "Edmonton Accordion Society" we have about 150 members and meet on the 2nd Wednesday of every month and believe me we have a ball. We have some great players and some beginners and lots in between, it is a very supportive club and we encourage everyone to get up and perform, and they do, then we all jam together for the last half hour. We also have a club band of 28 accordions and I have done quite a few arrangements for them, fairly simple stuff but fun. You might try one out on your club members sometime. Well that's it for today, In my next posting I will put another arrangement that I did last year.
Take care everyone and have a good one.....TTYL....Derek.