View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 06:27 PM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Mark, If you mean soundf

Hi Mark,

If you mean soundfonts, as opposed to the default soundbank in Audigy, the answer is apparently, no; it happens playing ANY midi file, including those that use only GM instruments.

I don't think Composer is the problem because I've tried playing midi with many other applications. But I will do the more specific test you suggest. I still have the first composition program I ever used, which uses numbers instead of notes (it was meant mostly for creating ring-tones). I'll play one of the little things I did in that.

Perhaps, if installing the updated Geforce drivers and moving the card to a different PCI slot doesn't solve it, memory could be the culprit. I will do some testing later. I just monitered usage with software I have going, and there is not a big drain.

Getting anxious for 4 PM, so I can get at this stuff again.

BTW, I ran Dell's computer check and the only problem found was way to many files in Temp directories. It did tell me, if nothing else of use, that I have the latest BIOS upgrade. That was a flash about a non-flash that I was glad to get!

best,
mgj