View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Adrian, I've got

Howdy Adrian,

I've got to hear this through your instruments! My GM soundfont is good, but after hearing your other mp3 versions, I'm sure that it doesn't do it justice. I briefly tried mocking it up in my GPO. That was really nice, but since I don't have your vision for the dynamics, I'm sure I didn't capture the entire feeling (GPO gives a lot of fine controls, but also requires that one use them properly ). But it was certainly good enough to let me know that your finale wraps up a swirlish delight of tempo, rhythm (I love the triplets against the straight cellos), and voicing that is delightful. I can easily imagine sitting in a concert hall and happily listening to this performed by an orchestra

I'm not sure what all you may need to do in Cubase to finish the mockup, but you can use File/Export to export a MusicXML file directly from Composer so that you can finely polish your score in Sibelius (yes, it shines as a score-engraving program!)

You briefly mentioned your work of order above. Do you do your "piano sketch" straight into Composer and flesh it out there? I'd love to hear more about your process, as your three movements show a lot of complex weaving of many elements to achieve the overall effect.

Great stuff! And congratulations on achieving one of your musical goals in completing your first symphony

ttfn,
Sherry