View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 10:02 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Fred, I am very sorry to

Hi Fred,

I am very sorry to hear about Patsy. I hope she is through this soon and again painting those gorgeous compositions, with the technique and coloration that I have enjoyed so much on your site.

Sorry, too, about your continued troubles with GPO. I think I join Susan in thinking using such a complex program is beyond my talents, or desire, for that matter. Although I have auditioned all the GPO instruments and find the demos first rate, I am slowly--very slowly--finding soundfonts that are at least comparable--not quite an orchestra's worth yet, but getting there. After all the time spent in searching, downloading, and sifting through banks for the gems, I'm feeling pretty exhausted. Just give me 32 channels and good celesta, harp, piano, etc., soundfonts I haven't found yet, and I'll be happy.

Of course I have to depend on setting the as performed duration of a note at at time, then testing each, where GPO lets you make whole passages legato, and I have to use program changes to adjust vibrato (short of learing to edit soundfonts, which is another time burner).

You might look at it this way: the work you do in learning GPO will probably turn out to be less than I've already spend working with soundfonts and eventually it will be easier to get the sounds you want.

Best to both you and Patsy,
mgj