View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy John, There is curren

Howdy John,

There is currently not a way to set the Mod wheel value as a constant across all the staves at one shot. However, there is a pretty fast way to do it after you've got all your staves assigned. I'm using Notation Composer 2.0 here:

1. "Select" the entire song - either use the Region/Select region" or the staff control "Select" button + "Shift" to select all staves.

2. Click on the GraphOverNotes tab.

3. Click the "Ctl with ?" button in the second level palette.

4. Select the "Mod wheel" as the controller to graph.

5. Click the "96" button in the third level palette.

6. Set your default value (8000) for the first staff, and click "Ok".

7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for each staff (you can select each staff out of the drop list as you go through). The value 8000 (or whatever you set) will remain in the value field unless you change it, so that all you'll really need to do is to click "Ok" for each staff.

8. The graph for all staves will remain highlighted through this procedure, and you'll be able to see the new graph line displayed in each staff as you set it's mod wheel. When you're done, you'll see a line for each staff.

It took a whole lot longer to describe it than it took me to do it for a song with 10 staves

I'm not sure what your experience has been, but mine has been that each instrument can take quite a different Mod wheel number to be at a balanced volume with other instruments (that is, all other parameters being equal). GPO is an amazingly rich (if somewhat complex) library.

Have fun!

ttfn,
Sherry