View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy, Here comes another o

Howdy,

Here comes another one....

"Infant Holy, Infant Lowly" is a traditional Polish carol. It's in 3/4 time, and could be lots of fun done as a polka However, in keeping with the musical themes of the pieces I'm putting together for this program, I opted for a more "gliding" arrangement with guitar and celesta, and a cool harp-like pad that I have thrown in. Since there is no general MIDI equivalent to the pad that I have (it's a soundfont) I put in the "atmosphere" pad for this GM version of the file. I also used a fairly nice nylon guitar font that I have. At least it sounds a lot nicer than the typical GM nylon acoustic guitar. It sounds a little like my playing, but I couldn't enter notes from my guitar One of these days I'll get that MIDI pickup...

I put a recording of the draft on my Soundclick page (www.soundclick.com/beanfield_castle) and you can hear the font for the nylon guitar as well. I might tweak the performance of the guitar a bit more, to give it a bit more "life" as it sounds a bit "flat" right now. I entered a lot of those notes using the mouse, and haven't really tried fixing the note velocities or anything like that to add some reality to the performance. I did add a bit of a ritard at the end to make the arpeggio a little better, but that's about it. I might record the guitar live, playing along with the Composer performance. We'll see how time goes between now and then

Enjoy!
Sherry

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Infant Holy, Infant Lowly
Infant Holy Infant Lowly - GM.not (61.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>