View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Jim Seiler (jimcbb)

Default Hi Mark - I use Mid Convert

Hi Mark -

I use Mid Converter (v4.2)from Plimus. It has a simple, straight forward interface, seems to do a pretty good job, and it was relatively cheap - $29.95. While I'm on the subject of midi files, I made a few posts in a different area of the forum about repeats. The discussion revolved around whether the music file was started at the beginning or somewhere in the middle. I can live with the way Composer works, although it might sometimes be a bit inconvenient. However, when I converted my .not file to a .mid file, all the repeat information was lost. Is this due to a limitation in midi file formats, or is it something Composer just can't/doesn't do. My workaround is to cut and paste the repeated sections inline into the .not file, and save this as a .mid file. This creates much longer, larger files, more pages in the score, and seems inefficient. But it works. Does Composer have the capability for perform this function, or can you suggest an easer, less labor-intesive way to do this? Any thoughts . . . . .?

Thanks,

Jim