View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 03:10 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy, I should have also m

Howdy,

I should have also mentioned that the above piece was very improvisational. I used Composer Pro to record in some chords from my Kaysound MK-4902 (new-to-me acquisition off ebay, for $80!), then added tracks as I wanted and assigned the soundfonts to each.

The nice thing with Composer/Pro is that you can preview how the sounds are going to "fit" with the other tracks before you record, so it's not a jarring experience. For me, there is enough jar because while I can usually get the timing right, I don't always hit the right key, so the pitches are sometimes off. However, that's easy enough to fix after I record I can also record multiple "takes", and using "Edit/Undo" I can go back to any of them, or I can set up multiple tracks to record into.

Anyway, after deciding what tracks I was going to use, I would record each one, then I made adjustments (such as the fade in / fade out of the jungle effects track) using the various graphing tools, or by selectively editing notes.

I did this whole song in just a matter of a couple hours work time, and that was even with "help" from my kids

ttfn,
Sherry