View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Mark, Regarding assoc

Howdy Mark,

Regarding association of files, it may well have been a Windows problem, as I've also noticed this "hesitation" for other folder names that were very similar. For example, I have a subfolder where I keep my downloaded files separately in my own designated folder, and when I had initially named it "downloads", Windows apps really gave me grief about opening it and retrieving things - it would often just lock up on that folder if I was using Explorer to view folders and files. After I renamed it "down loads" (with a space), the computer got much less confused

Anyway, when I had initially loaded Player, I specifically did not associate .mid files with it because I wanted those to load in Pro. However, every time I'd click on a .mid file, invariably Player would open up with it. I went in to both Player and Pro to determine the file associations, and it was unchecked in Player and checked in Pro. Notwithstanding, every time I double-clicked a .mid file, it would still open in Player. However, since renaming the folder where it resides, I've not had that problem. Just a tidbit in case anyone else is having the same problem.

ttfn,
Sherry