View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 01:16 PM
ulrichburke

Default I didn't realise that....!!

Dear David.

I thought as it just said Notation Software Forum, it was a forum for any kind of Notation Software. I didn't realise there was actually a COMPANY called Notation Software! I just did a GOOGLE for forums about notation software and this, of course, is what it came up with.

My mistake, but a little understandable, no?

I think you're on the right tracks with your answer, but you might be able to help me a little more, just because you know notation software. If, on your notation software, you assigned a VST to an individual channel and you didn't hear any sounds coming out, what would be the reason, or reasons for that (might be the same in QSE, I HAVE read my legally-acquired manual, I just don't know enough to know what I'm looking for in it!)

Secondly, if you've got a multi-instrument VST, do you assign each INSTRUMENT to its own channel, or just the VST itself to an individual channel (assuming you've solved the 'no sound coming out' problem)

I know you don't know QSE, just answer as if it's one of your programs you do know - assuming they use channels - and I'll see if the answers work with mine!

Basically, I'm just trying to get my MIDI virtual 'wiring' straight so I've got the right things connected in the right places to make the right circuit to get the right results!! I know I'm all mouse, no keyboard, but yours is the closest to sounding the right answer that I've come across yet.

Yours with thanks in advance

ulrichburke

Last edited by ulrichburke; 02-19-2011 at 01:25 PM.