View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 05:31 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi David, The time signatur

Hi David,

The time signatures are correct in both movements. I don't know what causes what you are describing. There is one measure of 1/4 in the Prelude and frequent changes between 3/4 and 2/4, which I chose to do rather than making many tempo changes. In Patriots the meters are 2/4, 3/8 and a return to 2/4. There are places in the vocal sections where a phrases start in perhaps unexpected places--one, as I recall, that starts on the second 16th note of the second beat. I don't know if this explains it, or not.

If you are listening to the .not file, you will hear a lot of strange things, I expect. In order to use decent timpani and cymbals, I've used a sound font that has timpani up to B4, then cymbals above. And Real Voice, rather than Synth Voice for all the vocals. I was so maxed out on channels that I had to use a trombone for the tuba, and there was no channel left for a piccolo.

The question of banjo, which is going to have to be in every movement other than the epilog, with orchestra is one I've been worrying about way too much. I've only heard one guitar concerto live, but I saw no sign that it was amplified.

all best,
mgj