View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 05:02 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello All, You'll find

Hello All,

You'll find that you will not be able to add any more posts to this Developer's Announcement section of the forum. I've changed this so that folk who subscribe for email notifications from the Developer's Announcements will only get my announcements, and not the discussions that follow.

The reason for this honestly isn't that I don't want there to be discussions about problems with the releases. You know me better than that. Rather, I want to keep the email notifications for this Developer's Announcement section limited to just my announcements, so that folk who subscribe to email notifications for this section will not get lots of other emails with follow-up discussions. Some people do not want to subscribe to email for the whole forum. Some people just want to hear my announcements.

From now on, if you find a problem with a maintenance release, please report the problem in another section of the forum that most closely relates to the subject of the problem.

If you report a serious bug, such as the one found in 2.0.3 (crashing on start of playback), then I'll send out an announcement about it from this Developer's Announcement section of the forum. If there is discussion about that problem elsewhere in the forum, I'll add a link to it from my announcement.

There's some discussion already going on in this thread that should continue. Tomorrow I'll copy and paste the discussion to other sections of the forum... unless I wake up tomorrow and find that some kind soul has already done that for me.

Cheers
-- Mark