Thread: Waltz
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Alek Yasko (kombrig)

Default Wow, wow, wow... Hold your hor

Wow, wow, wow... Hold your horses, Derek!
I got all your messages one way or another. Why duplicate the same thing over and over again? I gotcha, be cool...
I've been quite busy, working hard on my French section last two days. Therefore, I held my answer.

Now, you wrote:
----------------------------------
I did put a nice French waltz as a midi file in my Tango spot...
----------------------------------
I listened this one, though, having some troubles to open. It's pretty cute piece, my friend! But something wrong had happened, when I've tried to see the text in .not file you supplied at the "Waltz" section.
What version of MNC (Midi Notate Composer) do you use, Derek? I couldn't open it, unfortunately.

"Drops of Champagne" - is out of questions. That was just an example my arrangement of tangos. No apology necessary... I want to ask you just one thing: DO YOU LIKE THE WAY this one is arranged? I've never heard "Ole Guapa" and "Ecstasy Tango", but I believe those should be great tangos. Everything depends of ARRANGEMENT!

-----------------------------------
I went into your web site yesterday...
... Quite a unique style and a very wide range of musical genre.
... I must say that a lot of it wasn't exactly to my taste...
-----------------------------------
This is cool, Derek, I kind of proud to be UNIQUE. Also, I don't think that anybody else (I mean: any musician, not just an accordion player) has a repertoire wider than I do. Have you look at another threads of this page, which I opened? Believe it or not, this is less than 1% of what I'm actually playing!
And you don't have to like every single piece I'm playing! I want you just to acknowledge it. That's all...

Maybe it sounds bizarre, but I have an interesting explanation of that. You see, Derek, I've got a very specific "point of view" on everything I'm listening or playing. The point is this: "Can I sell it out?"
Another words, my music is strictly commercial! I know exactly: what, how and in what kind of performance music should sound, to be sold out. So, the every single piece I'm performing daily or putting on the Web IS COMMERCIAL! Which means: "If you're going to learn those pieces, find an appropriate place in your city and start to play them on public, you're going to MAKE MONEY IMMEDIATELY!"

------------------------------------------
Two pieces stuck in my mind:
"Hills of Manjury" and "Farewell of Slavyanka"...
-------------------------------------------
I got you, Derek, if you want it - it'll be done. You betcha!

Be happy.
Kombrig.