View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 03:33 AM
Derek Sanders (derek_sanders)

Default Mark, I have been using midino

Mark, I have been using midinotate to create arrangements for a 10 piece seniors accordion band, our average age is in the low 70's and I have to cater for all levels of skills. I choose a piece and pull as many midi files of that piece as I can find from the internet, notate them and play them all through noting the parts of each midi that I might find useful. I then eliminate all the parts I won't need. I try them all in various keys. Once the key is set I put all the midis into that key, I then extract all the parts I need from each midifile and print them out, I then edit out all the notes I don't need and eliminate repeated parts. I then copy all the parts I have left into 'Print Music' and create a conductor's score, I then start adding 'Fill-ins' and any other decorative notes I may dream up, I add 1st and 2nd time bars where necessary and any trios or codas where required.As I am only using one kind of instrument i.e. the accordion I use only one instrument in the playback mode. I use the piano because there is no accordion in 'Print Music'.I play it back slowly many times before I am happy with it and do quite a bit of final editing before I extract all the seperate parts, each part is then re-checked and printed out only when I am satisfied with it.I leave all the dynamics to the band leader to do what she feels she wants with it,she also sets whatever switches she wants the various parts to be played at. I have to tell you that every arrangement I have done using your programme has won us a 1st place award...I am now looking at ways where I can use your programme more and 'Print Music' less........TTYL....Derek Sanders.