View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Lewis Aquilina

Default I simply cannot understand she

I simply cannot understand sheet music and wanted to download software which would show me how to play MIDI's using simple notation, i.e. c, d, e, f, g, a, b. I found it very difficult and frustrating to find the results I was looking for as I searched Google using terms such as 'Midi notation' or 'convert sheet music to notation'. After hours of browsing and then installing several programs only to uninstall them straight after, I learnt that notation is in fact sheet music - or atleast thats what I think because every time I search 'notation' on Google, the results always mentioned the software could display this 'notation' (as opposed to sheet music) which when I installed it turned out to be sheet music. Dang.

So, I suppose there are no programs out there which when you load a MIDI file the program shows you ONLY HOW TO PLAY IT in a way which doesn't involve sheet music, i.e. tabs.

I eventually came across MidiNotate and discovered it uses what is known as a 'virtual keyboard'. As I discovered, not many MIDI programs use this feature - just this and MagicScore as I'm aware of.

It would be great if anyone can recommend me a program which shows people how to play the music from the MIDI so that I can play it on my keyboard (Yamaha PSR-295) which DOES NOT involve sheet music - I understand piano rolling and virtual keyboards and tab-like notes, i.e c, d, e, etc, just not sheet music.

P.s If sheet music is the same as notation, what is c, d ,e, f, g, a, b known as (from a keyboard)?