View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 01:05 AM
Alek Yasko (kombrig)

Default Herbert! --for the Russian

Herbert!

--for the Russian perhaps the balalaika--

Not anymore, my friend! Now it's an electrical guitar or some heavy digital musical equipment... Believe me!
Have you ever heard about an instrument called the BAYAN?
This is Russian BUTTON accordion, upgraded from the German piano-accordion. And that's exactly the instrument on which I'm playing now.
It was the national, most spreaded musical instrument until to the end of 70-s in the former Soviet Union. And then "Beatles", "Elvis Presley", jazz and pop-rock music have CRASHED HIM DOWN!

--We live on an acreage in the middle of the Australian bush just north of Sydney.--

It must be an extremely exciting thing - to live in Australia.
I dreamed to visit this country! And thank you for complete introduction, Herbert!

--It would be of great help to me, if you could post your music recorded from your accordion to .not files.--

I've started to do so today! Take a look to the "Instrument: Accordion" section.
And I can do for you more than that. My publisher at "bayanac.ru" uploade here http://ifolder.ru/f9873 "The_Best_Of_Russian_Music" - mix album. I've recorded it '95 - '98. I suggest you to spend your time and download this mp3 files. And you'll hear how am I REALLY sound!
Nevertheless this is a kind of traditional accordion music. More or less...

However, If you want to hear something REALLY unbelievable, go there:
http://ifolder.ru/f9842
This is 2 of my last albums, recorded in 2004. I can guarantee you: such a music has never been performed on an accordion!
But HURRY UP, Herbert! Those links is going to expired in 2 weeks!

--I am particularly interested to learn about the use of the left hand and the use of the bellows. Written explanations would be appreciated as well. I am not trying to improve on my very poor accordion playing (we have an old Hohner at home) but to improve my ability to produce better backing tracks.--

You've found the right guy, Herbert. I certainly can help you!
In one condition: you have to share my music philosophy and trust me. Besides, you'll have to spend your personal time (at least 1 hour per day) for exercises and training.
Let's talk about this later...

Kombrig.