View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Mike,

Hello Mike,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Currently, you can only set pan and volume for a channel in the staff setup dialog.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>Actually, you can set pan and volume for a track (staff) also using the Graph Over Notes feature of Composer, just as you can reverb and chorus.

Sometimes, I would also like to be able to make changes within a piece.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>Exactly. You can do that with Graph Over Notes.

I am not sure a mixer approach of entry of this type of control will add much value - it may help to visualise.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>Sherry and I have concluded that Notation Composer doesn't need to simulate on the screen the looks of a big intimidating mixer board. I'm an everyday musician, and I've never laid my fingers on a real physical mixer board. The "metaphor" of a mixer board doesn't speak to me at all, nor the vast majority of everyday musicians who use Notation Composer.

Instead, Sherry and I envision very simple mixer controls that are somewhat suggestive of a mixer board but, more importantly, just practical, space-efficient, ease-to-use controls for pan and volume and perhaps reverb and chorus.

Please let us know what you think of the above. Thanks!

Cheers
-- Mark