View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Meter refuses to be hidden

Howdy Ian,

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMc View Post
Hello,

Tearing my hair out over this...
Oh dear... hope I'm not too late in replying. Your barber would be very upset with me

Quote:
I have created a final measure (3/4) in this tune to make up for the upbeat measure (1/4). I have following the user guide to step 7 where I have split the measure and Shift-M is then used to bring up the Change Meter palette. The meter refuses to be hidden despite checking the box to hide it. See included file.
There's a usability issue lurking here. When you click on the meter to bring up the "Change Meter" box, there is a "Split Measure" section in the middle, which check box should be empty in this situation. If you uncheck that box, and check the "Hide" box at the top, then the meter will indeed hide properly. I'll write this up for improvement. Sorry for the problem.

Quote:
Also Shift-M took ages to work - I had just about given up when after ~5 minutes the window finally popped up when clicking on the measure again... weird. Didn't work via the icons either. Does the measure have to be selected as a region first or is there something I'm doing wrong?
I did not run into this problem of the Shift-M taking a long time to produce the Meter palette. But I did this on first opening your file. Perhaps there was something else going on in the background? (eg. a file autosave of this or another song you were working on at the same time?)

Quote:
Finally, why does step 6 require start and end repeats? Are these necessary for upbeat measures to work? What if the tune does not have repeats?
Sorry - I'm lost here. Step 6 of what procedure?

ttfn,
Sherry