View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 06:42 PM

Default Slur in Repeat Endings Future

One of the few things in Composer that I have not been able to work around easily is entering a slur at the end of the first ending of a repeat and other similar situations.

In the attached score, first ending, measure 48, I want to simulate a slur for the return to measure 33. Generally, I can manipulate anchors so that the slur looks good enough in both screen view and page view, but this one has defeated me.

The measure 48 area is attachment Jalousie 1.jpg; the measure 49 area is attachment Jalousie 2.jpg. I tried to put the snaps inline, but I guess I don't know how to do it. And now I see that the snaps are posted below the text. I thought I had seen other Fora entries that included snaps inline with the text.

In this case, the Soprano part behaved pretty well, but the Alto part looks crummy in screen view, but okay in page view (my primary requirement for posting - I want the score to look as clean as possible in page view).

I can't imagine how difficult this accommodation would be, but as it bites me fairly frequently (as I use a lot of repeat passages to try to keep the scores small), I thought I would address it.

I put the cropped screen grabs in so you can see what I see. Each different PC display may display these pages differently.

Here is a link to my posting, as the upload process won't let me upload the score again, by any name:
http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=34257

If it would be helpful, I could capture screen grabs, step-by-step, of how I create what usually looks reasonably clean, if not perfect.

Ralph Rayner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jalousie 1.jpg (112.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Jalousie 2.jpg (29.5 KB, 2 views)