View Single Post
Old 06-01-2002, 01:16 PM
David Jacklin

Default See, I have this magnum opus -

See, I have this magnum opus -- a big musical (20+ characters, over 80 minutes of music total). For a first "concert" production of it last year, it took me over a month to use Personal Composer to create a vocal score.

This year, I am preparing a full production (23 piece orchestra, etc.). The orchestrations are finished (in MIDI files) but I need a condensed piano/vocal score for rehearsals. That's about 350 pages of score. Cakewalk Professional is out of the question, can't handle it. Personal Composer would take months.

MidiNotate did it in a WEEK! Yeah, I don't have dynamics marked, but those can be added as we work. Only a very occasional incorrect timing on a note and a few lyric glitches (it seems to move the first word of the lyric in a part a bar forward.)

It also comes very close to handling the full orchestration that quickly, but I can't format the page well enough to ensure that the full staff always fits on a 8 1/2 X 14. I am VERY interested in MidiNotate Composer, if I can adjust individuals pages. If it does come out this summer, I'm hoping I can produce the finished score with the same ease I've done the condensed score.

Thanks, Mark!