View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 08:32 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Fred, Amazing what you c

Hi Fred,

Amazing what you can get from some metal tubes and assorted things that can be beat on. This is really enjoyable. Haloween, Cherokee and Beetle Juice I hadn't heard before. I like the sound of all three, especially the other-worldly scherzo like quality of Beetle Juice.

On the second listening, it occured to me, for some reason, to wonder what the effect of bridging the silences between sections with sound might be. The playback happened to be at measure 390 at the time. So I tried copy/pasting all of percussion 1, measure 387 to percussion 2, measure 388; then I pasted the first two beats to measure 389. Then I undid/re-did a few times. I think I liked the effect of the sound better.

Again between Beetle Juice and Alabama Heart and Soul, I tried a couple of things, but although I think I like silence filled better, I didn't find any sounds that sounded right.

The silence before the finale might be needed, but I find myself wondering what the effect of sliding that F chord into something very dissonant and long held, with a gradual decrescendo might be.

This I-wonder sort of thing happens when I'm listening to anything for more than the first time, including my own stuff. Sometimes it gives me an idea and sometimes leads me to waste time. Usually, though, I'm listening to someone I could get only get in touch with through a Medium. ;)

Anyhow, I enjoyed it. I'm glad Alabama got in there.

Merry Christmas,
mgj